On June 19 2015, the UN General Assembly adopted resolution 69/292 in which it decided to develop an international legally binding instrument under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea on the conservation and sustainable use of marine biological diversity of areas beyond national jurisdiction. The resolution provides for a preparatory committee “to make substantive recommendations to the General Assembly on the elements of a draft text” of the instrument. The High Seas Alliance submits the following suggestions for consideration by the Preparatory Committee.
Download Submission for PrepCom1, here.
High Seas Environmental Impact Assessments – Pew Briefing
Marine Protected Areas Beyond National Jurisdiction – Pew Briefing
- Pew, Greenpeace, NRDC on behalf of HSA – statement on scope
- Pew, Greenpeace, NRDC on behalf of HSA – statement on principles
- Pew, Greenpeace, WWF, NRDC on behalf of HSA – statement on EIA
- Greenpeace, Pew, WWF, NRDC on behalf of HSA – statement on capacity-building & transfer of marine technology
- NRDC on behalf of HSA – WG statement on EIA and scope
- Pew, Greenpeace, NRDC, WWF, OceanCare on behalf of HSA – WG statement on EIA